POSTDOCTORAL POSITION IN CANCER IMMUNOLOGY AND GENE THERAPY
A Postdoctoral Research Fellow position is immediately available at San Raffaele Telethon Institute for Gene Therapy (SR-Tiget) in Milan in the Targeted Cancer Gene Therapy Unit headed by Prof. Luigi Naldini and supervised by Dr. Mario Leonardo Squadrito (Project Leader).
The successful candidate will work on a project focused on understanding the role of cancer cell-derived extracellular vesicles (EV) in promoting liver metastases. She/He will employ mouse models of colorectal cancer and experimental liver metastases. The candidate will exploit gene-based technologies to modulate secretion, content and uptake of EVs. The candidate will focus on understanding the effects of cancer cell-derived EVs on tumor immune evasion and liver metastases.
- We are looking for a highly motivated and talented candidate with a strong background in cancer biology.
- Master’s Degree in biology, biotechnology or similar, and Ph.D. in the biomedical field, or Medical Doctorate.
- Previous experience in oncology research and background in immunology are considered an advantage.
- At least one first author publication in an international peer-reviewed journal.
Required technical skills
- Mouse handling, cellular and molecular biology techniques including manipulation of primary cells, extraction of DNA, RNA, quantitative PCR.
- Flow cytometry.
- Capacity to work in team and meet deadlines, excellent communication and multitasking skills.
- Oral and written command of the English language.
The successful candidate will be involved in a multi-disciplinary and collaborative research environment with a strong emphasis on the development of novel cell and gene therapy strategies for human disease. The host institution is one of the leading research institutes in Italy, equipped with state-of-the-art facilities and infrastructures (single cell omics, next generation sequencing, cell sorting and imaging, animal facilities, GLP laboratories), direct access to clinically relevant human samples and involved in several first-in-human gene therapy trials.
Salary will be competitive at European level based on the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
Applications should be submitted to Dr. Mario Leonardo Squadrito (email@example.com) and should include a presentation letter, a CV with a list of publications and contact information of at least 2 referees. Evaluation of applications/interviews will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Starting date: To be defined
www.cancerbiotechnology.com – Thanks for visiting our website!